To be accredited through the IMTA, prospective programs must demonstrate the required competencies and hours outlined in the Program Standards. Currently we are accrediting 200-hour "professional-level" programs. In the near future we will accredit 500-hour level "advanced-level" programs. A program whose curriculum satisfies or exceeds our minimum training competencies may apply to become an IMTA Accredited Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (AMTTP). Once a program application is approved, and the listing fee is submitted, the program will be added to the online IMTA-Accredited Mindfulness Teacher Training Program Directory on the IMTA website and licensed to use the program logo for marketing purposes. Students who successfully complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to apply with IMTA to become a provisional Certified Mindfulness Teacher, Professional Level (CMT-P).
Benefits of becoming an AMTTP
Accredited programs will receive benefits such as:
- An internationally-recognized credential that shows your program has met our standards of mindfulness teacher training.
- Licensing of IMTA Accredited Program logo for marketing purposes
- Marketing on the IMTA website via geographically searchable online directory. Listing of accredited mindfulness teacher training programs in the online Directory, a geographically searchable listing of IMTA-accredited mindfulness teacher training programs. This list is for the general public seeking high-quality teacher training programs in their area of need, or if needed for professional reference, where you can link to your website and upcoming trainings and tell the world more about who you are as a mindfulness teacher training program.
To become IMTA-Accredited, the program must meet the following minimum.
Standards for 200-Hour Professional Level Program:
- 200-contact hour training curriculum, inclusive of the defined learning outcomes in the IMTA Program Standards. (In addition, some “hybrid” 200-hour programs that combine teacher-led and student-guided/online learning may be eligible for accreditation, provided they have a minimum of 100 teacher-led contact hours, of which a minimum of 50 hours must be face to face and offline. Example 200-hour hybrid program: 100 hours student-directed online education, 50 hours teacher-led face to face contact, 50 hours teacher-led distance education with an individual or group.)
- Qualified supervising teachers: must have demonstrated a minimum of 10 years of advanced mindfulness experience and personal practice, and 5 years of teaching experience.
- Opportunities for personal contact between students and supervising teachers.
- Observation and feedback mechanisms for student teachers.
- A screening process to verify candidate proficiency and qualification for program acceptance.
Application fees are non-refundable. Please confirm that you meet all application requirements prior to submitting the initial application fee. Following approval of your application, the next step is to submit the final application fee. Upon receipt of your final application fee, you will receive a confirmation email regarding your listing in the IMTA Accredited Program Directory and authorization to use the IMTA (AMTTP) Program logo for marketing purposes. The money you pay to IMTA Credentialing Programs goes towards administering our credentialing system, directory and Standards. Renewal fees allow us to keep our organization running, continually improve our credentialing system and expand our benefits and services to credential holders. For questions, contact us.
separate from membership fees
|Final Application Fee
||Introductory Rate $1,250